Thursday, March 17, 2011

Riding the Inside Pork Track (or Something Like That)

So, those rubes over at the City Paper think they're all cool because they found out that tickets to the Guy Fieri Food Show go on sale tomorrow at 10:00 am.

On sale to the general public, maybe.  Those of us in the know have had access for quite some time now.  In fact, you can buy your tickets RIGHT NOW if you know the SECRET INTERNET PRE-SALE PASSWORD!

What, you don't know the SECRET INTERNET PRE-SALE PASSWORD?  Okay, let me clue you in.  The password is . . .

Pork.

That's right. P-O-R-K.

Just in case you were planning on getting up at 3:00 am tomorrow (after a long night of St. Paddy's Day reveling) to get in line to ensure you had a crack at those $250 "Off Da Hook" tickets, don't bother.  Log in from your iPad and book them now.

Don't believe me?  Check out the screen cap below:



I could have shelled out a quarter grand and bought myself an Off Da Hook ticket on row B, which, as it turns out, is ON THE FREAKIN' STAGE, but I didn't.  I'm trying to give everyone else a shot at swankiness, being an egalitarian at heart.

Now, how did I get this super inside scoop, you might ask?  And, why in the hell is "pork" the SECRET INTERNET PRE-SALE PASSWORD?

As it turns out, the Guy Fieri Food Tour is presented by . . . wait for it . . . the National Pork Board.  Man, talk about not being blah and being inspired, what could be less boring and not-white-meat than Guy Fieri?

Now, you might be wondering: did I get this inside scoop because my blog post a few days ago about the National Pork Board's attempt at re-energizing their marketing efforts got me way into the NPB's good graces, or was it all just some crazy coincidence?  I'll let you decide. But, hurry now if you want to beat hoi polloi: once the ticket sales are opened to the general public, you'll never know what kind of riff raff may buy their way into an exclusive meat-and-greet with the Food Network star.

No comments:

Popular Posts