Wednesday, May 05, 2010

I told you so!

I called it, over TWO YEARS AGO!  If I may quote myself from one of my New Year's Predictions from 2008:

I predict you'll see similar changes [using fresh, local and/or heirloom ingredients] in the mid-market chain restaurants, in a dumbed down form. O'Charley's and T.G.I. Friday's will update their menu verbiage to proclaim stuff like "Double-Cut Smithfield Farms American Yorkshire Pork Chop" and start adding a few slices of heirloom tomatoes or Niman Ranch bacon into their chef salads.


Earlier this year, when I revisited the predictions, I had to give myself a poor mark on that particular prognostication because it just hadn't materialized.  It doesn't mean I was wrong, though, just so far out ahead of the curve that I seemed like a lunatic.  But now . . . per National Restaurant News,  Italian casual chain Pasta Pomodoro overhauls its menu to  . . . wait for it . . . emphasize fresh, local ingredients including . . . wait for it again . . . NIMAN RANCH BACON!


Could it be that eating local has finally . . .



You heard it here first!

No comments:

Popular Posts