Thursday, April 17, 2008

FIG Turns Five



So, I got an email the other day from the PR firm representing FIG Restaurant here in Charleston. Attached was a press release announcing that, in celebration of its fifth anniversary, there was going to be a special celebration dinner at FIG this coming Sunday, with an impressive list of guest chefs cooking for the occassion. Which is all well and good. FIG is one of my favorite Charleston restaurants and I would recommend it highly to anyone interested in the very best of fresh, seasonal good cooking. Happy birthday, FIG.

But, the announced event is a private dinner, and what was conspicuously NOT included was an invitation. I will dutifully pass along the fact that a small group of selected people will be having a bang-up dinner this coming Sunday--just not you and me.

What was included, though, was a really cool panoramic photo of the interior of FIG, I guess to let us know what we will be missing this coming Sunday. I'm a sucker for panoramic photos, so here it is.

1 comment:

Nelly said...

I interned for Byrdhouse this summer (the PR firm that handles FIG) -- I was there when they took those panoramic pictures! I LOVE LOVE LOVE FIG though! I thought the snapper was amazing. I can't wait to move back down to Charleston!

Popular Posts