Wednesday, September 10, 2014

My Favorite Pimento Cheese Ad

While writing the installment on pimento cheese in my Southern food icons series for Serious Eats, I was reminded of my favorite ad from my collection, which was for Elkhorn Pimento Cheese from the J. L. Kraft & Brothers Company of New York. The best part of all is the little gremlin guy down in the lower right corner, the perfect embodiment of the vogue for industrial food in the early part of the century because of worries about ensure pure, sanitary food.  Click on the ad to enlarge it if you want to read the text, which I think is priceless.

Pimento Cheese Ad, Ladies Home Journal (September 1920)







2 comments:

cara menggugurkan kandungan said...

for beginners like me need a lot of reading and searching for information on various blogs. and articles that you share a very nice and inspires me

Lutfi Kurniawan said...

Thank you, for getting something new and saluting the originality of this story, hopefully useful, so that life is more useful and useful for others

Cara Mengobati Cacar Air Agar Cepat Kering Dan Sembuh Tanpa Bekas
Cara Mengatasi Nyeri Tulang Dan Sendi
Biaya Operasi Benjolan Di Leher Akibat Kelenjar Getah Bening
Obat Gatal Pada Kemaluan Yang Terbukti Ampuh

Popular Posts