Thursday, December 23, 2010

Prognostications: Gearing Up

I've been trying to gear up for my next round of prognostications, seeing that the year 2010 is rapidly drawing to a close and 2011 is now literally just around the corner.  (Well, not literally just around the corner.  Just around the corner it is still 2010, and my neighbor Stanley still hasn't raked up any of his leaves yet this year.  For which I am thankful, since I--or, to be more accurately, various members of my family--have raked up at least SOME of the leaves in our yard so it's only ankle deep in leaves, not knee deep, and compared to Stanley's yard we look downright prim.  Raking leaves, I predict, will NOT be a big trend in 2011, in my household, at least.)

After a couple of years of great cavalierness with the timing of my predictions for the "new" year, this year I've vowed to be on top of things and get them done absolutely no later than Jan 1st or a few days or weeks thereafter.  I've scribbled a few raw notes on the back of cocktail napkins and was really about to get into the swing of things when I heard the latest Dinner Party Download (DPD) podcast from Rico Gagliano and Brendan Francis Newnam, which effectively demolishes the whole practice of predicting food trends.

The segment on trends picks up around 11:45 into the podcast.  If one can predict anything about food trends in 2011, it's that the predictions about such trends are going to be really lame, as evidenced by DPD's summary of the early trends identified by food trend consulting firms (yes, there actually are such outfits, which may mean I have totally missed my calling in life.)    "Action in adult beverages?" "Frugality fatigue?" "Poutine?"  Is this really what we have to look forward to next year?

So now I'm totally deflated in my efforts to at compiling my own prognostications.  Maybe I'll just take a nap this afternoon instead.


7 comments:

Kanwal Liaquat said...

I am a transcription service provider and while I was transcribing for a client I became interested in making prophecies and all. Like I was transcribing a video in which someone was sharing details about his spiritual powers like tarot reading, fortune-telling, etc and I became so interested in that I brought home a tarot deck and a few tarot guides and start studying about it but that fever did not last long and I am now back in my regular life. Lol.

Eon Morgan said...

hii, Thank you for sharing this useful and interesting information. In web design bolt, I am a wordpress website design services provider. I grew interested in forging forecasts with pals while transcribing for a client. As if I were transcribing a video in which someone was discussing fantastic blog dude.

Ariel Wilson said...

Okay! I didn’t see any prognostications in there rather it was stories about your past still I enjoyed the satirical tone that you used in your content. I have to order dissertation services from an online platform but I came across your post and felt like giving it a read. Well, it was worth it.

MichelAnthony said...

I just wanted to say that I love every time visiting your wonderful post! Very powerful and have true and fresh information about psychology . Thanks for the post and effort! Please keep sharing more such a blog
Site: beth dutton coat season 3

Rony James said...

Okay! I didn't notice any predictions there; instead, it was just stories about your history, but I still liked the humorous tone you employed. I had to use an online platform to get assignment help online, but I stumbled across your post and thought I'd read it first. Anyway, it was worthwhile.

williamsdavid said...

Just around the corner it is still 2023, and my neighbour Stanley still hasn't raked up any of his leaves yet this year thankfully i shipped all my stuff to my brother through Ocean Freight Logistics Englewood in USA.

anna12 said...

The hardest degree in the UK is subjective and depends on various factors such as individual strengths, interests, and career goals. However, degrees in fields like medicine, engineering, and mathematics are often considered challenging due to their rigorous curriculum and demanding workload. These programs require strong analytical skills, critical thinking abilities, and a high level of dedication. Additionally, degrees in law, physics, and computer science are also known for their complexity and academic rigor. Ultimately, the hardest degree varies from person to person based on their aptitude and commitment to mastering the subject matter hardest degree in the uk.





Popular Posts