Tuesday, October 02, 2007

This Just In

Cereality, the restaurant chain that specializes in selling bowls of cold cereal (over 30 brands of them) to college kids, has announced that its King Street franchise location is closing. The company's website quotes a USA Today reporter asking, "The latest fast-food concept is so absurdly simple, self-indulgent and reflective of one's inner child that, well, how can it fail?"

As it turns out, the answer to that one is simple. The Charleston franchise attracted a good breakfast crowd, according to its franchisee, but "business was slow the rest of the day."

Go figure.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear this, and so are my kids.

I live in Florida but my oldest daughter lives in Charleston (and I am originally from Charleston) and we have been thrilled to visit Cereality on our trips to the Holy City. So sad that it is closing.

The cereal restaurant in our college town closed too, after an even shorter time period than your Cereality. I wonder why the cereal restaurant in Miami does so well while ours close so quickly.

Sad.

Popular Posts