Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Margarita Matters (Revisited)


It may still be Spring elsewhere, but it is full on Summer here in Charleston. The mercury got up in the 90s this past weekend and the neighborhood pool was packed. And that can mean only one thing . . . Margarita time!

Last Memorial Day I expounded on my theory about the Margarita's Golden Ratio, and I've been trying to validate that through rigorous empirical research. Lots and lots of rigorous empircal research. (Hey, somebody's got to do it!)

So far, my formula still holds up: 3 to 2 to 1. That's three parts tequila to two parts triple sec to 1 part lime juice. No sugar or blender required. Just shake vigorously with ice and pour over the rocks.

This time around I invested in a bottle of Cointreau to take the place of the triple sec, and I think it improves things nicely.

Bring on the summer heat. I'm ready.

No comments:

Popular Posts