Monday, March 31, 2008

A Long Day's Journey into Strawberries (Act I)

Me: "The strawberry cobbler's ready."

The Wife: "Great! Too bad we don't have any ice cream to put on it."

"We have some of that homemade strawberry ice cream left."

"I don't like strawberry ice cream."

"But it's the exact same recipe as vanilla ice cream, just with strawberries added to it."

"I told you, I don't like strawberry ice cream."

"When it melts on top of the hot cobbler, the ice cream's strawberries will mix in with the cobbler strawberries and you'll never know the difference!"

"Are you deaf?"

Curtain closes.

4 comments:

The Wife said...

I am convinced that this post will only show people that YOU are the unreasonable one. Strawberry ice cream is not vanilla ice cream. Strawberry ice cream does not taste the same as strawberry cobbler. I don't see what is so hard to understand. The cobbler was excellent by the way. Why don't you come home early and make some vanilla ice cream?

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Servidor, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://servidor-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

tammy said...

Oh, how I love this post!

You guys have strawberries down there already? I have, like, two more months at least. God, I hate where I live.

Robert said...

I'd swap you for Boston just about any day, Tammy . . . except between, say, November and March!

Popular Posts