Sunday, May 14, 2006

Sazerac Cocktail


I came across this page searching for drink recipes that use Pernod. A few months ago, when on a kick of buying and trying new types of liquers, I bought a bottle of Pernod. In part this was a little nostalgia for grad school, when a friend of mine served Pernod absinthe-style at a few parties. Though I still think the classic way of serving the liquorice-flavored Pernod (well watered, with a ratio of about 1:5 Pernod to water) makes for a refreshing summer drink, I've been looking for other ways to try it.

I was impressed by the depth of knowledge and research that went into the Sazerac Cocktail page, and it helps that it is a distinctive regional drink. As soon as I get around to acquiring a bottle of rye whiskey I'm going to give this one a try.

No comments:

Popular Posts